Learn the Truth About Making Money in Affiliate Marketing
Is it possible to make money with affiliate marketing? The short answer is of course it is, You can even make a full-time income with affiliate marketing. The long answer requires an explanation. As with any business, the question of success vs failure relies on the amount of focus, effort, and work you put in. Besides that, you need to make sure you are doing the right things to grow the business and generate money.
The Hard Truth of Affiliate Marketing
The biggest misconception is that making money with affiliate marketing is fast and easy. This is just not the case. You know all those ads you see that claim you can make thousands of dollars a month just by throwing a blog up? Or, they say that it is a set and forget system that generates money forever once you post your links.
The truth being that it’s the same as other work online businesses; There are those that make money and those who make NOTHING.
So the correct question is do you have what it takes to make YOU money with affiliate marketing? A lot of people don’t. It takes dedication and hard work to build out an affiliate marketing business. It is not easy to sell strangers products online.
The Pros of Affiliate Marketing
Here are some of the pros:
- It is cheap: With affiliate marketing, you don’t need a ton of money to start. You can start with free promotion methods and progress to paid methods once you are ready.
- You don’t need a product. While with most other business models you need a product or service. Affiliate marketing is one that doesn’t.
- No inventory to worry about. The joy of selling other peoples products.
- The Laptop Lifestyle – Meaning that you can run your business from anywhere that has a WiFi connection.
- If done in a certain way you can generate what I call the holy grail of incomes. “Passive Income”. Getting monthly income for the foreseeable future on work you already completed.
- Anyone can do affiliate marketing. The barrier of entry is unusually low as far as businesses go. This is because of the low cost and the amount of information available makes this market very attractive.
The Cons of Affiliate Marketing
Here are some of the cons:
- Time – It can take a lot of time to learn, set up your websites, write your articles, find products to promote. If you are looking for fast cash affiliate marketing is not for you.
- Product selection is vital to longevity in affiliate marketing. You can spend all the time building your business and one bad offer can send your business spiraling. Always pick reputable companies to work with. Don’t sell out your audience for a quick payday.
- It is not your product so you have zero control over quality.
- Competition is fierce for the popular products and niches… There is a saying in this field. “The one who can spend the most wins”. It’s sad but true. It is still possible to make serious money if you can set yourself apart from the field.
How to make money with affiliate marketing
Affiliate Marketing is earning money by referring new customers to someone else’s businesses.
While not hard it does take a lot of constant effort to sell people stuff online. Here are some things I would do if I was just starting out.
- Find someone who has done it and is where you want to be. This is the fastest way to profit and will make your journey easier.
- I would start a blog and write at least 3-4 articles a week while staying on topic with my niche. This allows for targeted traffic. The reason I would blog is that when you write you can tailor your articles around the product you are selling. This also allows you to offer more than 1 or 2 products.
- Any product I was to promote I would try first. It is just not worth the risk to promote an unfamiliar product to your audience. Plus, it sucks when someone asks you a question and you can’t answer.
- I would start a business account on Pinterest and watch videos on YouTube that teach you how to use Pinterest. This WILL most likely be your best source of free targeted traffic to your Blog or affiliate links.
- Start an email list. You worked so hard for the traffic now you need to capture it. What’s better than a targeted visitor? A targeted Visitor you can promote to over and over again
Here’s a great article on Promoting Affiliate Marketing Products to Your Email List
- Use a link tracking software like Clickmagick to track every affiliate link you promote. Do not brush this off! It is a must have to be successful. This allows you to see where your sales are coming from and which marketing efforts are working best.
Conclusion on How to make money with affiliate marketing
When deciding whether or not to begin affiliate marketing. Take into consideration that it is very time-consuming, boring, and tedious. But also, know that it can be VERY rewarding, educational, and a great way to make a living online.
As with any business, you will need daily focus, Involvement, and consistency to generate any real income from affiliate marketing.
Whether you succeed or not with affiliate marketing is the same as any other online venture. You get out what you put in.
Want the best affiliate marketing training available for free? Read here.
Please follow and like us: