Start Affiliate marketing Business
Affiliate marketing has been around forever — essentially, since the beginning of time. First, there was man then came affiliate marketing. OK, not that long but it has been around since the creation of eCommerce.
While it might be old, It is growing every day as it offers a ton of benefits to the entrepreneur that likes to work solo. That and the fact that the barrier to entry is and continues to be very small. Anyone can enter this market and find great success online. Proven by the huge number of internet business owners who started in this field.
Here are a few reasons the affiliate marketing online business model is so popular.
- It is cheap: With affiliate marketing, you don’t need a ton of money to start — in fact, you don’t need any.
- You don’t need a product. While with most other business models you need a product or service. Affiliate marketing does not.
- Very low stress: You don’t have all the support, customer service, and hassles that come with it.
Because of this hassle-free business model you get to focus on marketing, sales, and making money. It’s perfect for beginners with very little know how. And, the more you learn the more you earn.
So what is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate Marketing 101
At a basic level, affiliate marketing is a simple business.
- Start by finding a niche that you can talk intelligently about or have an expertise in. Find a particular problem and a product that helps with it.
- Promote this product to the people who are suffering from the problem. You will want to build a list of these people along the way. Achieve this by giving away something(eBook, PDF, Free course,etc.) to get an email address. Furthermore, a popular way is to write blog articles relating to the problem.
- You will get a special link from the product developer that you can use to track your referrals. You want to add this unique link in anything you are using to promote the offer. This is how you will make money. Place your link in the article or email message. When a reader clicks on this link they go to your affiliate partner’s website to complete the sale.
- If the prospect that clicked your link buys, you get a commission, usually between 5 percent to 50 percent. It can even be higher, depending on the product.
It is win-win as the product owner gets to make a sale and you get a commission and if you got their email – a new lead to sell to over and over again.
While getting a percentage doesn’t seem like much. When you start sending a lot of buyers it can add up to a very nice income. It’s especially sweet when you consider that your startup and operating costs are low.
While Success and a high steady income are possible with affiliate marketing. It’s not going to happen overnight. It takes consistent work, especially when you’re getting started. Put in the work and you could have a real money-making business for years to come.
A Strategy for Affiliate Marketing Success
An important part of affiliate marketing is picking the right product. You want a high converting product that is trustworthy and easy to sell. You achieve this by picking a product that closely relates to your audience. Many times you will be promoting more than one product at a time as many target markets have an array of products that can help.
Speaking of target markets, you want to choose a popular niche that is big enough for you to grow in. You wouldn’t want to pick a niche like “Wart Removal”. There is not much you can continuously sell to an email list full of people needing a wart removed. You want a niche like “Diabetes” where you can sell many related products like Socks, Shoes, Supplements, Books, Diets, etc.
Why struggle cold selling a product that you don’t know if your audience needs. The good thing about an affiliate marketing business, You can choose a niche you are interested in. When you promote in a niche you have interest in you provide better value to your list.
Here are some ways to find an appropriate niche.
- Go to Facebook and Twitter and look up trends.
- What niches/products are popular right now.
- Search Amazon.com and eBay to find out the best selling products
- Watch the news and see what’s being talked about lately.
The more buzz a product or niche has… the better for you. A popular product means more sales.
Some examples of a popular niche are:
- Fitness and Weight Loss
- Organic Supplements
- Dating websites or apps
- Make Money Online/Work From Home.
Don’t shy away from these big niches because of competition. This is where the money is and that’s why the competition is there. Take the low hanging fruit until you get better. Then you can choose narrower specialty niches.
Finding Products To Promote
There are a ton of affiliate marketing programs out there. You can pretty much find any product or service available to promote. But they are NOT created equal. Focus on joining a trusted program with a good reputation. One that pays the right amount and on time.
When you find one you like, do a quick search on Google to see what people have to say about them.
Here are some established affiliate networks with good reputations.
- Clickbank.com focuses on digital information products.
- JVZoo.com is another one in the digital goods market. A little more stuck up then Clickbank as you need to request approval for most products. They do have some popular products so they are worth a mention.
- Amazon.com — An easy pick as they are the biggest online retailer. You won’t have a problem finding a product here. Think about becoming an affiliate with the Amazon Associates program.
- MarketHealth.com – They have an assortment of health products that offer a high commission.
How To Market Your Affiliate Marketing Products
Social media is a great free way to get the word out about your business.
Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are great resources to promote your products. You can go the free route or paid traffic with these platforms. I would recommend learning the free methods but paid traffic is the express lane to big money. So you will have to make up your own mind.
SEO- (Search Engine Optimization). Hard, but if you can master SEO with Content Marketing you will be able to keep more of your money as the traffic is plentiful, free and very targeted.
You create articles, at least 3 times a week( 2 if the content is long and well prepared. In time the search engines like Google and Bing will index and rank your content. The higher you rank and the more keywords you rank for will generate a lot of targeted traffic.
Email marketing is a great tool for affiliate marketers. By gathering your visitor’s email address when they visit your blog, optin, website, or social media. You will send them valuable content along with promoting related offers through email.
Email is Relationship Marketing and one of the most valuable sales channels you can have. The bigger your email list of potential customers is, the more money you will make.
Email marketing is an art form. You want to send a balance of useful information related to your niche as well as marketing messages asking them to buy a related product.
Paid ads should be your last step in marketing your affiliate products. You want to make sure your chosen niche has proven to you that it can make you money. You want to make sure you worked all the bugs out of your sales funnel and have a good grasp on tracking sales. That way when you invest the money in a paid ad, which can cost hundreds and thousands of dollars, you’ll be better equipped to handle paid advertising.
STARTING AFFILIATE MARKETING BUSINESS
Now you have a good grasp on what it takes to create a successful affiliate marketing business. Start slow and learn all you can from people who are where you want to be.
It might seem overwhelming. But if you take it a day at a time, you can do it. Doing one thing every day for your business will add up and over time you can be an authority in your niche.
Good luck and stick with it.
Want to know the #1 affiliate product I promote? Go Read